From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Doodi, Hari - BLS CTR
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 12:31 PM
To: 'flexcoders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: [flexcoders] custome controls-How?

Hi All,
        I have a situation with TabNavigator - where in before user
navigate to next tab I have to do some validations on data they entered
and if no errors then only I let the user go to next tab. In order to
achieve this I need to trap some event before "change" event can occure.
>From my previous posting I think the only way I can achieve this
functionality is extend the TabNavigator and override corresponding
methos(?).
        Can any one guide me to locations where I can find enough info
How to extend mx controls and use them in my mxml files? Thanks in
advance for your help. I really appreciate if any one can post already
working code for both extending and using in mxml file .

Thanks!
Hari