I did this recently, and it didn't cause havoc.  What are seeing that
goes wrong?  I had two issues that I did needed to fix.  One is that
you have to remember to remove the child from the stage before adding
it back to the application.  The second is that the bindings were
reexecuted when added back to the application, which I worked around
by checking for the same value in the places I was observing bindings.
 -Brian