I have Validators for some of my TextInput and Datefields.  I am loading my
TextInput and
DateFields first via ActionScript and then resetting them later through
ActionScript so I
never even click on the DateField but the Validator still triggers when I
reset. Basically I
want the 'reset all' behavior to not trigger validator warnings. I am resetting
all of the
fields in my interface and my validator is firing for the DateField but not for
TextInputs. I
can disable TextInput with:

textInput.errorString = "";

And get no red lines or errors. But when I try:

dateField.errorString = "";

the red box is still there. What is going on? I've tried it with both
StringValidators and with
DateValidators, but both exhibit the same problem.

Here are my mxml definitions:

<mx:DateValidator id="startFixedValidator" source="{startDate}" property="text"
/>

<mx:DateField color="#000000" id="startDate"/>