Ok, makes sense.  You could manually update the collection inside the
itemEditor itself:

private function onChange():void
{
      data.myDataField = myTextInput.text;
      // dispatch an event here to send the data to the server
}

<mx:TextInput id="myTextInput" change="onChange()"/>

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "rmarples" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The thing I'm finding cumbersome is that the dataProvider has not yet
been modified when
> the itemEditEnd fires. I have to look at the
TextInput(grid.itemEditorInstance).text property