I don't think you can override behavior of the internal TextField

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Todd
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:26 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Issues with mx:Text, mouse cursors, and Hrefs
inside the text

Hello All,
I'm using the mx:Text to render some htmlText complete with some
embedded href links. My goal is to use the htmlText with a link (via
an href in the text), catch the event for the link, but treat the rest
of the text as a button in the parent. Also, it's important to keep
the mouse pointer as either a arrow or hand. Any suggestions?

When I set the properties on the mx:Text with this:
mouseChildren="false"
buttonMode="true"
useHandCursor="true"
The events for the LINK aren't raised, and the entire text area is
a button. But the mouse pointer is functioning properly

However, with the following settings, I get the proper
functionality, but the cursor over the text is selectable (and must be
to make the Link event fire):
mouseChildren="true"
buttonMode="false"
useHandCursor="true"

BTW, I've tried implementing the rolloever/rollout to change the
cursor, which it does. But over the mx:Text it still shows the
selectable text.

Thanks,