--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Gill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I notice you don't have an option for ASP classic. Are you assuming
> that no one uses this anymore? I'd be interested in seeing if I'm the
> only one still doing this.
>

> Not at all, Amy.  I prefer ASP Classic also .. but Flex has most
definitely ignored this supposedly fading but still widely used server
model.  It's a pain to have to learn something else just for this
purpose when I use ASP for everything else.  The truth is, whether or
not Microsoft is going to ignore it in the future, it does work with
IIS and will for years to come.

> I've done a few things with PHP and it's not too bad ..
> Nancy

I've been applying for Flex jobs lately and finding that, whether the
posting includes .net experience or not, they pretty much automatically
eliminate you if you don't have it.  It would seem to me to be self-
evident that if you can pick up any backend technology and Flex
that .net is unlikely to be beyond your reach.  But that's not how the
people filling these jobs think, unfortunately.

-Amy