I haven't played with printing much, but I've been looking and haven't been
able to find a good answer to this anywhere yet... This might be an
oversimplification, but apparently when it comes to the FlexPrintJob you can
either print what's displayed (visible) in your app, or else employ the
PrintDataGrid which allows you to print things that are not necessarily
displayed visually anywhere. My problem is that I have a List component that
uses a custom rederer, and it typically displays hundreds of items, with less
than ten visible on the screen at any one time.  The reason I have a custom
renderer is because there's too much data for a DataGrid (would result in too
many unusably thin columns.)  When I try to print the List component I only get
the few that are visible on the screen... when I use the List's dataprovider in
a PrintDataGrid there's too many columns and the data is unreadable.  But...
when my customer hits print, they want a prinout of all the items in the List,
not just what's visible. My question is this... can I use a custom renderer in
a PrintDataGrid?  Or is there a way to loop through the List's dataprovider,
make each item somehow "visible" so it can be added to the printjob?  My first
pref would be to create a custom renderer for a PrintDataGrid so that I can
control output format better than a datagrid, have all items "visible" to the
printjob even though they're not "visible" to the user, use print paging, etc.
but I can't seem to find any good documentation on that anywhere. There's a
tidbit here:
http://www.nabble.com/Can-Flex-really-handle-complex-printing--td15744019.html
but I'm curious if this is recommended, or if there's a happier place I could
go :-) ThanksDarren