Yes, and you are assiduously avoiding mentioning Silverlight's penetration, which will be MUCH lower than Flash.

Yes, people can and do install plugins, but many people don't like to do it, that's my point. With Flash content, the vast majority won't have to install a plugin to see it. Most of those with an older plugin will enjoy an incredibly easy upgrade. Silverlight will require the vast majority to install a new plugin they've never heard of.

Add to that the fact that supporting Silverlight has the side effect of supporting Microsoft's plans for world domination and you have a compelling case, IMHO, to avoid Silverlight.

DRM just gives us one more reason to run in the other direction.