Is there a way? Yes but the problem with the Combo Box if you check the source
code is it uses a TextField to display it's stuff, so i am guessing you could
extend it and just take out the TextField and replace it with a UIComponent
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: kroghadam
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:05 AM
  Subject: [flexcoders] Can ComboBox display an Image as its LabelField

  Hi,

  I am trying to create a combo box that displays only images. I can get
  images being displayed in the drop down list. But when I select one of
  the images the selected label of the combo box is always text.
  labelField and labelFunction only display Strings.

  Is there anyway to display the image that they selected from the drop
  down list in the combo boxes label?