What would any of you all say to a client who wants to implement, in Flex,
an extensible plug-in framework through pure introspection? This would
include things like property and event management. To help frame this - with
the right framework in place one could create a property explorer to manage
bits a runtime. Anyway...

Initially I recommended the use of a manifest and interfaces to help keep /
track target properties, and manage event life cycles and such... but they
are concerned about having to manage 'files' in addition to the swf. If
possible, I would like to find a balance somewhere between using
'describeType' and something that is too restrictive.

Any recommendation? Am I missing something?

Rick Winscot