From: "heybluez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] HTTPService useProxy question...

Anyone bypass the flex proxy with useProxy="false"?  I have a flex app
that currently uses the server as a proxy but we want to bypass the
flex server and go directly to the source HTTP post/request.

For example, one source is an RSS feed that will come up in a browser
but is an XML file.  When I use HTTPService and hit that with the
default settings (i.e. Flex Proxy) it works.  As soon as I turn that
off (i.e. useProxy="false") it says that it cannot retrieve data!

I am looking to see what I need to do...I did see this in the manual:

--
Note: You must use the Flex proxy to correctly return HTTP status
codes from a service.

Is this my issue?  The direct hit on the .rdf (i.e. XML) file does not
return status codes?!  Is that possible?

Ideas?

Thanks,
-Michael