From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ethan Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:59 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Positioning Custom ToolTips

Greetings -

Per the Flex documentation, I'm using a custom component as a ToolTip
by intercepting the toolTipCreate event, as describe below:

"In your application, you can create a custom ToolTip by intercepting
the toolTipCreate event handler of the target component. In the event
handler, you instantiate the new ToolTip and set its properties. You
then point the toolTipproperty of the ToolTipEvent object to the new
ToolTip."

Unlike using the ToolTip Manager, however, which accepts x,y
positioning arguments, it's unclear how to position the custom tooltip
invoked using the intercept and custom class approach....

So, this leaves me with two questions:

1. Using a custom class or component created using the incercept
approach, is there a way to position the tip?

or

2. Is there way to use a custom class or component for the tip when
using ToolTip Manager to create them?

Thanks!

ethan