I agree with you in the point that Flex team is over-burdened and kind
   of abandoned the frame work. But I can guarantee this framework cannot
   be obsolete in the sense that there is a great demand for it. If you take
   a look at old emails you will be able to see that there are many people
   out there who needed a nice functional scheduling framework. My personal
   opinion is that since they have already put a lot of time to develop it,
   they should put a little more time to make it usable. Like you I am
   also hoping that they will come us with some good examples and
   make the API very clear.