Actually you did manually what flex builder does with php server-side
enabled.
The amfphp project in the console setup to you when you first-load the
gateway to do that.

When you just set -services and the uri for the services-config.xml file the
.swf is metadated to that uri to open a gateway for the amfphp services.

Regards
--
Igor

--