Use either labelField of labelFunction.  It looks like labelField will
work in your case.

Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:01 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Binding remoteobject.method.result to a ComboBox
or Tree

I call a remote object successfully. I can check that because I can dump
the result (XML) in a TextArea control:

<mx:TextArea text="{functions.getTypesListAll.result}"/>

However, I want to show the results in a ComboBox or a tree:

This is an example of functions.getTypesListAll.result
-----
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FunctionTypes>
      <FunctionType code="FUNC1" name="Function 1">
            <DocType code="DOC1" name="DocDesc1"/>
            <DocType code="DOC2" name="DocDesc2"/>
      </FunctionType>
</FunctionTypes>

-----

ComboBox:  Bind FunctionType code and name.
Tree: Parent FuntionType, child DocType.

 How can I do that? How can I use functions.getTypesListAll.result and
use
specific nodes of the XML?

Thanks,

---
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the
use
information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt
from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that
---