I think the MXML compiler may be smart about properties of type IFactory.

Gordon Smith
Adobe Flex SDK TEam

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Josh
McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:50 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [flexcoders] MXMLC voodoo for custom components that take
itemRenderer="package.ClassName"

Hey guys,

There's some voodoo in MXMLC that includes classes in the .SWF when you put the
qualified class name as a string into itemRenderer="" on mx:List, etc. What
triggers this, and how can I use it for my own components? Is it only for
IListItemRenderers? Some sort of interface you impl on the "container"
component? Hardcoded to look for the built-in list components? Obviously I can
use "{package.ClassName}", but I'd like it to look as much like the standard
component library as I can, of course :)

Cheers,
-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>