Hi,

I'm running into two difficulties using the Advanced DataGrid, both related
to Grouping. Maybe I should post them separately, but I'll put them together
here and see.

First, I can find no documentation or examples on how to format information
in a Summary Row. The data for the row is being SUMmed correctly. But I'd
like to apply a currency formatter to the data. I haven't been able to
discover how to access the value in order to format it. Does anyone know?

Second, since the GroupingCollection doesn't react automatically to a change
in the underlying dataProvider (as a DataGrid normally does), the docs
suggest adding "initialize='gc.refresh()'" to the ADG tag. Unfortunately,
because of timing issues, this doesn't always do the trick, since the data
may not be ready at the time.

In my case, the dataProvider is an ArrayCollection which is populated from
server data. So I hoped that by listening for a COLLECTION_CHANGE event on
the AC, and calling a refresh after that Event, I could make it work.

However, even though the AC is created as an empty AC initially, then
populated, the COLLECTION_CHANGE event does not seem to fire. In my
debugging, I have confirmed that the listener for the event is created. But
the function attached to the event never runs.

I can also see that the data actually does arrive, and populates the AC. And
by refreshing the GroupingCollection manually, from a button click, the ADG
displays the data correctly.

Can anyone see what I'm missing? Or has anyone worked through a similar
problem? I can certainly post code, if it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance for suggestions on either or both issues.

--
Thanks,

Tom

Tom McNeer