I'm a contractor who owns a copy of FlexBuilder 3.0 Standard Edition.
My client has a license to Professional Edition, that they want me to
install on my laptop.

The problem is that even if I uninstall the Standard Edition and
install the Professional Edition, or I should say try to install the
Professional Edition. It won't let me do it. Since the Standard
Edition was already on the machine it assumes that license, and will
not let me install the Professional Edition without going through an
"Upgrade".

Anyone know a way around this? And where the heck is it getting the
license information from if I "uninstall" the Standard Edition? I
assume that it is in the registry somewhere.

The Professional Edition license is considered to be invalid when I
try to "upgrade".