From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoffrey
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 7:35 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] LCDS: Debug RTMP Traffic

I'm having some issues with 2 DataServices running over RTMP. The
first DataService loads on application startup and work fine (I get
data). The second load later on in the application, but this one
get's no data. It doesn't appear that it even makes the connect
request because my result and fault handlers don't get hit.

Is there a tool (like Charles, ServiceCapture, or Wireshark) that can
be used to verify that something over an RTMP channel is being sent
from the client? Like I said, nothing seems to happen when I issue
the DataService.connect() call.

I've enabled a bunch of logging on the server(via the
services-config.xml file), but if that traffic isn't reaching the
server, all the logging in the world won't help.

BTW, if you say that Wireshark can be used, then please post the
filter you use because I couldn't figure out one that only showed RTMP
traffic. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find anything that looked
like RTMP traffic in the log session.

I don't know if it's important or not, but the server and the client
are all running locally.

Env:
Tomcat 6.0.16
LCDS 2.6