Hi Paul,

Here is the example: there is a text input field where you can enter
only digits and a dot sign, nothing else. If you use
restrict="0123456789." property - it's fine until user copy-pastes the
string from somewhere else. If you allow c-n-p you have to do complex
validation and point user to the invalid input. If you have 20 text
input fields - this solution just sucks. All this Flex error tooltips
and dumb error message boxes (20 errors - 20 popups) are bad, very
bad. So, the simplest and just working solution is to disable copy-
paste.
This is probably what is called Apple solution - do not allow users to
think too much, if it is not allowed - "they don't need it,
anyway."(c) And surprisingly, this works quite well.

And as I said before, if TextInput control has a "restrict" property,
it should be able to disable copy-pasting, otherwise it is useless,
and sometimes dangerous, as not so many developers realise that
setting this property does not protect them from the invalid input.

Cheers,
Dmitri.