Running some tests i found out, that the DateTimeAxis doesn't refesh the
minimum and
maximum values for example. I tested with a dataset of objects which
represented data
for everyday in 2 years (~17900 instances).

The recalculated min/max where displayed via trace one reset too late... it's
seems like
there is quite a lot to understand doing some more complex stuff with the chart
components...

Best regards

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "florian.salihovic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i have a question which is not technical in first place. I'm more in a search
> for a pattern.
>
> The problem: i have  a massive collection of objects (~35000 instance) which
> should be
> displayed in the charting components. But not all at once, just intervals
> which can be as
big
> as the whole collection (similar to google finance:
> http://finance.google.com/finance).
>
> My Problem: is there a useful pattern? From my observation working with this
> massive
> amount of data i use, it demands quite some performance and it doesn't run
> that fluid.
But i
> have seen some implementations which allways reset the dataprovider with a
> completely
new
> collection which is sliced out of the original collection with all objects.
> This approach
doesn't