Well, why would you want to create a ScrollView object?  Most Panels, and in your specific case, your HBox, have properties HScrollPolicy and VScrollPolicy which allow you to turn on/off/auto(default) those scroll bars.

I also believe ScrollView is just a base class for objects that use scrolls(not sure if it can be instantiated or not;abstract class???not sure)

Nick Sauro + R O U N D A R C H + bus 212.909.2335 + mob 914.882.3687

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dirk Eismann
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:54 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] mx:ScrollView not known to compiler?

Maybe I'am missing something obvious here (or my brain just melted because of 30°C/86°F in the office) but why can't I use mx.core.ScrollView inside mxml? The sample below does not compile and gives the following error: "Don't know how to parse element "http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml:ScrollView". It is not a known type or a property of mx.core.Application."

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml">
  <mx:ScrollView>
    <mx:HBox width="1000" height="100"/>
  </mx:ScrollView>
<mx:Application>

I also tried to build a MXML component that subclasses ScrollView but still no go.

Ideas?

Dirk.