Hi, I have a component that extends VBox. I am making around 20 instances of
this component. That component also contains a VBox, each of which contains 2-6
components.
This takes a long time from creation to when I can see it on the screen --
around 3000ms.

If I don't use a VBox in that 2nd component, it shaves around 700ms off the
time.
If I take out all my addChild's from the main component that is creating all of
this (just creating the components) the total time is around 30ms.

Is it the VBox that is hurting my performance by nature? And does anyone have
any suggestions to speed it up? This is my first real performance problem since
I started using flex. I know it's not the same, but with AS2 I could make 10X
more display objects and not see this kind of performance.

Any help is appreciated!
Jason