I have been developing a flex application that uses MediaController
and MediaDisplay along with a Loader to load a FLV and a SWF and then
sync them.

I get the Flash Player to warn that there were errors quite often, and
less often I get the whole browser IE and Firefox to crash.

I also ported the FLV and SWF load/sync AS files to a Flash MX 2004
project and got the similar results (less often but we haven't tested
it as much).  You can see stable code in action at www.g-t-t.com.
Just go to www.g-t-t.com and click on play video.

This mostly happens when I have unstable code ( unstable in
relationship to our defined funcationality requirements ).  I just
figure it was pushing the Flash Player to the limits with the newer
Media components and what we were trying to get them to do.

So "There is no sequence of bits that should cause the player to
crash.  Ever." is a bold statement but if you mean it I'll have to
start paying close attention to what I am doing that causes it to
crash the broswer.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Gonzalez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>