Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a set of time entry components that I hope
to share with the open source community when finished.  The components
are a time masking field that extends TextInput, a TimeStepper extends
NumericStepper, a DateTimeChooser extends DateChooser and
DateTimeField extends DateField.

My question concerns the TimeStepper and TimeField.  When I set the
focus to the time field by clicking on it and then clicking on either
arrow button to increase or decrease the time, I get the following
error. It should also be noted that the first version of
NumericStepper that extended UIComponent did not have this problem.

If anybody knows where and how to prevent the following stack trace,
your help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am curious to know if anyone would find these components
useful in their own projects.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Orville

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
object reference.
        at
mx.controls::TextInput/drawFocus()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\fr
amework\src\mx\controls\TextInput.as:1851]
        at
mx.core::UIComponent/focusOutHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\project
s\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8563]
        at
mx.controls::TextInput/focusOutHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\proje
cts\framework\src\mx\controls\TextInput.as:2151]
        at flash.display::Stage/set focus()
        at
mx.core::UITextField/setFocus()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\frame
work\src\mx\core\UITextField.as:1531]
        at
com.m4tech.FlexLibraries.components::TimeInput/setFocus()[F:\Projects\
Flex\src\com\FlexLibraries\components\TimeInput.as:381]
        at
com.m4tech.FlexLibraries.components::TimeStepper/buttonClickHandler()[
F:\Projects\Flex\src\com\FlexLibraries\components\TimeStepper.as:398]