From: Jonathon Stierman
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 11:40 AM
To: 'flexcoders@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: passing complex objects through
LocalConnection

I've finally figured out what was going on with my null issues -
hopefully this will help someone else out down the road.

All of the complex objects' properties must be made *public* for
de-serialization to work. Private and protected properties are *not*
re-inserted into the transferred object.

That was what was causing my complex object to be filled with null
values.  Also helpful to know:

You do *not* need to register basic AS3 classes (uint, Array, Number,
Boolean, etc).

But you *do* need to register any nested complex object classes.

The registerClassAlias code *must* be made in the receiving swf.  Adding
it to the sending swf is not necessary.

Jonathon