Title: Mercury Email Signature

Hi

i know this is a question more suitable for Axis forum but we are all working with the same tools so maybe someone knows.

The problem:
when there is a server method exception Axis sends a faultcode of "Server.userException" in the SOAP
response to the flex client and the actual class and stack trace in the faultstring.

According to Axis docs if you throw an Exception which inherit from RemoteException than Axis will put the class name in the fault code field , see http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#Exceptions.

but unfortunately this did not work for me , i tried throwing RemoteException and throwing a child of RemoteException but no luck.

The need to distinguish between exceptions is obvious , we need to format a nice message according to the
real exception happened on the server.

we are about to build our own result object that will have an error code in it , but wanted to check if there is a nicer
formal way of changing the faultcode in the SOAP response.

do you have any idea ?

thanks
Shlomi