--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ha, well we wouldn't want the inmates running the asylum.  Props to
Amy
> too.

I'm just wondering why Adobe wouldn't already have these kinds of
checks in place.  I haven't looked at Label code specifically, but I
see these kinds of checks in place all the time in the Framework code.

If you just use a label without extending it (I didn't see anything in
the logic to suggest why extending it was necessary), do you still get
the error?  If so, this should probably be filed as a bug.  If not, it
would be interesting to try to find out what the difference is.

-Amy