I'd first give the WindowShade (posted in this thread already) - if you
still want to try this you can use the includeInLayout & visible
properties (already mentioned) but in order to do that - you'd need to
set accordion.selectedIndex to accordion.length-1 - which "opens" the
last child.  however, if the children of the last panel are
child.visible=false, child.includeInLayout=false - it will just look
like the accordion is closed.  When they click on anything other than
the last, it works great.  If they actually do click on the last, you
would just change those properties (visible & includeInLayout) back to
true.
Hope this helps!