Did you compile both locales by specifying the compilation option
-locale=en_US,ja_JP? Did you put someFolder/{locale} on your source path?

- Gordon

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard
Rodseth
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 4:08 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Help with localeMap

I thought I'd try a quick proof of concept of runtime localization, without
resource bundles, and building with FlexBuilder only.

I have en_US and ja_JP folders with a bundle called text.properties. The
Japanese version has a subset of the strings.

Almost all the code is in a library project, and I explicitly added the en_US
and ja_JP folders as additional source directories in the project properties
panel. I've experimented with various combinations of additional compiler
arguments as well.

I explicitly set the initial localeChain to [ 'en_US' ].

When I step through ResourceManagerImpl.findResourceBundleWithResource, the
localeMap shows entries for en_US and ja_JP, but the "text" bundle content is
the same (the Japanese version) for both. Any ideas what I (or FlexBuilder)
might be doing wrong? How does the localeMap get created?

Sorry to be grumpy, but personally I would vote for FlexBuilder bug fixes and
parity between Flexbuilder and command-line or Maven builds long before I asked
for an entirely new component model. I hope the tooling is getting attention in
Flex 4. Trying to determine a best practices project layout that will support a
CI build and a Flexbuilder build, as well as being "ready for runtime
localization" has been a headache.

I suppose I should mention I currently have a separate "invalid embed
directive" error which goes away on a clean build of the library and client
app, but returns every time I make an edit. I had one of these a few months ago
but forget how I solved it then.