Gregor,
Thanks for your post. I agree with you that Alex's blog contains the
relevant info.  I did move the popup module's Event classes into the
parent app, and the problem of Type Coercion goes away (though I'd
rather find a solution that did not require this).  But one other
aspect of Alex's recommendation mystifies me.

He recommends putting the TitleWindow inside the Module, like this:

<mx:Module>
 <mx:TitleWindow>
 </mx:TitleWindow>
</mx:Module>

but if I do this, and use PopUpManager.addPopUp() to raise this
object, it is not draggable.
I think to have a draggable popup window, it needs to inherit from
TitleWindow.  Yet that approach is the one he disparaged.  So I'm not
sure how to resolve it.
--Henry R.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Gregor Kiddie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> <Alex impression>
>
> Sounds like a shared code module problem, check my blog for more
> details.
>
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/
>
> </Alex impression>
>

> Personally, yeah your analysis sounds about right. How are you
> the module in? Into a child app domain?
>

> Gk.
>
> Gregor Kiddie
> Senior Developer
> INPS
>
> Tel:       01382 564343
>
> Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London
SW8
> 3QJ
>
> Registered Number: 1788577
>
> Registered in the UK
>
> Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk
> <blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>
>
> The information in this internet email is confidential and is
intended
> solely for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information
in it
> by anyone else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented
are
> INPS or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient
> please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On