How is a string represented internally in Flex?  It never actually says it
in the help for String.  Is it UTF-8?  I think this because because mxml
uses utf-8 as the encoding in the ?xml directive, ByteArray seems to treat
utf-8 specially, and ByteArray.readMultiByte says the return value is a
utf-8 encoded string.

The reason I ask is because I'm reading some string data in from a binary
file and I'm trying to figure out the most CPU efficient way to put it in
the file.  I want it to be in the file in the same encoding that won't
require Flex to translate from one encoding to another when storing it in a
String variable.

Thanks.

--
Jason