So now I see that mx.core.UIComponent has a property "z" and I am
curious if this is something that relates to 3D. I was trying to set
this z for the same Button in Flex but it doesn't make any difference
at FP 10.

Also anyone can give and hints as to how to use z (if possible) in
effect (I was trying out FxAnimate3D...)