From: lysfael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 21 October, 2008 12:15:07 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Repeater control and custom Component

Hello all,

Finally i decided to do the components myself.
It's easier for me like that than using the repeater.

Finally the repeater isn't that powerful component as i though. When
you wanna do something very generic it doesn't fit to your application
anymore.

Thanks all for the help.

I know this conversation will help me later in another project.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

> If that is really what you want to do, it will work.  But still, why not
> let the repeated component handle the formatting?
>

> Do not subclass repeater, use it normally.
>

> Create a component containing your label and text inputs.
>

> Pass the currentItem into your custom component via a setter and in the
> setter invoke the formatting.
>

> Tracy

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in..messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/