Thanks Mike :-) My mistake again... I usually try with the property
first and if i that the property is not there i go for the
style...Somehow i went to step 2 directly here, and then googling for
setstyle("horizontalScrollPolicy") made it even worse...

Thanks again
Fotis

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Schmalle"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Consult the ASDoc (API), you are trying to set properties with
styles. This
> won't work.
>
> The correct implementation is;
>
> myContainer.verticalScrollPolicy = ScrollPolicy.OFF;
>
> Mike
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:19 AM, fotis.chatzinikos <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   Hello again, this time i am trying to create a canvas inside a
canvas
> > with their scroll policies set to off - It does not work -again...
> >
> > I tried both:
> >
> > setStyle("verticalScrollPolicy","off")
> >
> > setStyle("verticalScrollPolicy",ScrollPolicy.OFF)
> >
> > I assume that the second line is the correct code to use?
> >
> > full code here (assume that a number of components are added
> > dynamically in the inside canvas @ runtime, FYI: the scroll bars do
> > not work even before the extra components are added...):
> >
> > Am i doing something wrong again?
> > TIA,
> > Fotis
> >
> > extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas = new Canvas() ;
> > extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.width = 200 ;
> > extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.height = 285 ;
> > extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("cornerRadius",10) ;

extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("backgroundColor",0xFF0000);

extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("borderStyle","solid");
> > extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("borderThickness",3)
> > ;

extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("verticalScrollPolicy",ScrollPolicy.OFF);

extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.setStyle("horizontalScrollPolicy",ScrollPolicy.OFF);

> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas = new Canvas() ;
> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.x = 5 ;
> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.y = 5 ;
> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.width = 190 ;
> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.height = 285 ;

extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.setStyle("verticalScrollPolicy",ScrollPolicy.OFF);

extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.setStyle("horizontalScrollPolicy",ScrollPolicy.OFF);
> > extraTagsChildRollingCanvas.setStyle("backgroundColor",0x00FF00);

extraTagsChildSelectionContainerCanvas.addChild(extraTagsChildRollingCanvas);