Debug to determine if that is the case.

Also debug to make sure the result handler is being called.

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of sailorsea21
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:50 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: sailorsea21 - Does anyone know why this code
works with Firefox but not with IE?

I'm using "POST" and a unique string for the url. See below.

[Bindable]
private var HTTPService_url:String = "company.php?ForceIEReload&ms=" +
new Date().getTime();

<mx:HTTPService url="{HTTPService_url}" method="POST" id="data"
resultFormat="e4x" result="xmlResultHandler(event);"
fault="xmlFaultHandler(event);"/>

What I noticed is that in Firefox, I see the message
"Transferring data from localhost..." appearing at the bottom left in
the status bar... I can tell that every 30sec it updates whereas in IE,
it always displays "Done"???

I think IE never runs the "updateData" function...?

private function updateData(event:TimerEvent):void {
data.send();
}

Or maybe it kept the "data.send" values in cache...

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

-David