Hey Blair,

For dates, it's important that you use the Date() data type.  Some use
strings instead.  Since you're using AMF, using strongly typed date
objects for the VO's is the cleanest way.  The reason that I say to use
Date(), is because that the Date.time property is stored as the number
of milliseconds since 1970, IIRC.  Because it' numeric, you can easily
perform sorts.  For formatting, you can use a dateFormatter with
"yyyy-mm-dd" as the formatString.  This leaves the underlying date
alone, but displays it in whatever format that is specified.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Blair Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Cato,
>
> Thanks for the hint. I¹m using amfPHP and RemoteObject, I¹ll
assume it does
> the same thing. I¹ll use this as a starting point, cheers!
>
> --
> Blair
>

> From: Cato Paus [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:02:27 -0000
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Help: filterFunction and Dates
>

> Hi if you use java as backend do you serilaze the object ?
>
> if so you can map the date objec to the date object in actionscript
and
> back..
>
> here is a datefilter connetced to a arraycollection.
>
> public function chkToDay():void
> {
> //Allways set to null first!!!! else you get filter inside
> the filter!
> myArrayCollection.filterFunction=null;
> myArrayCollection.refresh();
> myArrayCollection.filterFunction=toDayDateFilterFunc;
> /* Refresh the collection view to apply the filter. */
> myArrayCollection.refresh();
> }
>
> and the filter function
>
> private function toDayDateFilterFunc(item:Object):Boolean
> {
> var toDay:Date = new Date();
> //item.date is if you have a public var named date in your
> DTO(Data Transfer Object)
> return item.date== toDay;
> }
>
> Cato