Hey everyone, I have a value of 30000 stored in a MySQL database.

I call this value and import it in flex via HTTPService (PHP & XML):

<mx:HTTPService url="value.php" method="POST" id="rate"
useProxy="false" result="getRate(event)"/>

I now have a timer:
var myTimer:Timer = new Timer(30000);

Can I replace the hard-coded value of "30000" with the value that is
stored in my database?

This is my script:

[Bindable]
public var valuesMilliseconds:int;

private function getRate(event:ResultEvent):void
{
valuesMilliseconds = event.result.database.row.Refresh_Rate;
}

I tried the following but it didn't work:

var myTimer:Timer = new Timer(valuesMilliseconds);

Thanks.

-David