Thanks - I just tried this out - but seem to have the same problem. As
far as I can make out, the DataDrawingCanvas works in the same way -
via the internal chart dimensions as per their axes rather than
through pixel co-ordinates within the canvas itself...

So to draw the halfway line in my example, I'd use something like this:

canvas.drawRect(Edge.LEFT,Edge.TOP,6,Edge.BOTTOM);

Where the '6' is the halfway point on the chart by virtue of being the
closest datapoint. I can't see any way of providing a more accurate
value here.

For example, can I draw ten rectangles on the back of the chart side
by side, each of equal width, to take up the full width of the
DataDrawingCanvas? I can't figure out how to do this - any clues?

Cheers,

Jamie.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 Oct 2008, jamiebadman wrote:
> > I'm trying to draw a rectangle on the background to cover *exactly*
> > half of the background area on the chart. So I have a
>
> Sounds like a job for DataDrawingCanvas from Quietly Scheming:
> http://demo.quietlyscheming.com/chartBackgrounds/app.html
> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to revolutionarily pursue seamless efficient
bricks-and-clicks 24/365
> methodologies

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered
office address is at Halliwells LLP, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields,
Manchester, M3 3EB.  A list of members is available for inspection at
the registered office. Any reference to a partner in relation to
Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP.  Regulated by The
Solicitors Regulation Authority.

> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above
and may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the
addressee you must not read it and must not use any information
contained in nor copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells
LLP or the addressee of its existence or contents.  If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify Halliwells
LLP IT Department on 0870 365 2500.