Hey all,

it's long time I've posted something here :) But I can't find answer for my
help, so I hope someone will help me here...

I'm creating custom component which extends Tree. Structure must support
different levels, but I cant use ArrayCollection or XMLListCollection.
I think best way is write own ICollectionView class, because each item of
this collection should be type of my class, let's call class Data();

So I've create class Data
and create property call children:ICollectionView    (for dataDescriptor
getChildren)

Now I want create dataProvider for my customcomponent in MXML

<model:MyModel id="myModel">
        <model:dataProvider>
            <data:Data name="Main Item" importance="100" progress="0
level="0">
                <data:Data name="Subitem 1" importance="33" progress="0"
level="1"/>
                <data:Data name="Subitem 2" importance="33" progress="0"
level="1"/>
                <data:Data name="Subitem 3" importance="34" progress="0"
level="1"/>
            </data:Goal>
        </model:dataProvider>
    </model:MyModel >

but this give me compile error: In initializer for 'children': multiple
initializer values for target type mx.collections.ICollectionView.

Does any know, how can I write this in MXML. Btw i have
[DefaultProperty("children")]  so when it was array, MXML works, but with
ICollectionView do not.

Or maybe if you have better idea how to implement such component based on
Tree let me know. I appreciate links to some tutorials or resources.

Thank you very much

Franto Kormanak ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Owner & Senior RIA Developer
at Flexets (http://www.flexets.com)