This wasn't a personal challenge. I didn't say you were wrong, I noted that
the mxml interface method had a d on the end. I then said UIComponent has
an initialized property like the method in the mxml interface.
Writing emails to a forum is kind of relaxing compared to the rest of the
day. Maybe you should ask me to clarify better before adding paragraphs
unrelated to what I was trying to convey.

If I interpreted the question wrong and you can see it (leading a developer
down the wrong road), try to clarify the misinterpretation with a question.

Mike