----- Original Message -----
  From: jitendra jain
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [flexcoders] web compiler

  The constructor for the LCDSTestManager class takes a String that uniquely
identifies the application/browser instance. When the Test Admin application
calls the browser server, it passes the URL of the MXML test application to the
browser server. The Test Admin application also passes a unique ID that
identifies the application instance as a request parameter at the end of the
URL. The following URL is an example of a URL passed to the browser server:

http://localhost:8400/lcds/DSStress/samples/simpleLoadTest.mxml?id=localhost:7777(0)

  When the web browser loads the MXML test application, the request parameter
"id" is passed into the compiled SWF file and can be found on the
Application.application.parameters Object. The ID is retrieved from
Application.application.parameters.id and then passed in the constructor for
the LCDSTestManager.

Why couldn't this just be acheived using a pre-compiled swf?

  Thanks,

  with Regards,
  Jitendra Jain