It isn't clear why you are considering using Flex or what it is you
are trying to accomplish. Maybe rephrase your question to make it more
targeted.

Your primary question seems to be how to transfer data, with data
being in the form of images, sounds, and videos. These would be more
accurately classified as "resources" instead of "data." You generally
wouldn't store these file types in a database or deliver them via the
methods you are asking about.

Have your read any Flex books yet?

-Mike Chabot