Are you using MediaPlayer or MediaController with MediaDisplay?

You can try to set the volume level after you have loaded and started
playing the media.

I use MediaController and MediaDisplay, I can set the volume correctly
after the videos have been loaded and then play them.  But I am not
using a rtmp address.

Renaun