On 7/22/05, JesterXL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stepping back, why not have a server side process generate the MXML (since
> it's just XML to begin with and you are merely changign the format), have
> the server-side component (CF/Java) write out the MXML, and then use a
> Loader to hit the MXML file?

That sounds like the better choice imho, i had a situation with
SynergyFLEX were i was concerend the XML would grow, so much so it
could probably grow larger then the application. So using a CFMX+FLEX
POC i was able to generate whats needed on the fly for that
application. mx:Loader is gewd XML bad.

I've moved away from XML to describe "runtime logic" requests and
opted for another solution in its place. As XML seems two steps back
especially when we are using XML in the first place?

I also think that with FLASH 8 you should see a reduction in memory
consumption with FLEX / Flash Player. As typically pre-8, the more
controls/containers you create the memory gets allocated, so if you
were to run a chunk of logic that say created 10000 button controls
and then destroyed them, the memory would continue to climb.

>From what has been said about FP8, the garbage collection is now
fixed, and will return un-used memory back to the Operating Systems
furnace *heh* - which is gewwwd/

> 10 billion more ideas.... of course, Matt'll put the smack down when he
> finishes his tea and crepes.

hahahahaha.. watch out for his version of "The peoples elbow"

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes