Does anyone have any experience using AdvancedDataGrids?

I would like the row that displays the folder and the grouping name to
span the entire datagrid.

For example, I have a data set that creates 3 groups titled Group 1,
Group 2, Group 3. Each of these nodes has items underneath of it.

I've noticed that the columns apply to the row with the folder and the
group name, not just the items below each, so that if my group's name
is long it gets ellipsed (...) if the first column is short. Is there
any way I can extend this across the entire row.

Does that make sense? I realize it's a bit of a tricky situation to
explain...