Can you package up a working sample that demonstrates the problem and
send it to the list?

You sure you're also referencing the actual file and that it is
accessible? Eg you'll get that error when Flex can't acess the file (eg
if you typo'd on the spelling), so the error is kind of misleading in
that it sounds like it got it but can't process it.