Thanks for the reply!

"you can display it somehow, maybe by setting a tooltip somewhere" -
Getting the text isn't the problem, getting it to display is!  :)

I want the tooltip to display whenever someone mouses over the cell in
the custom ItemRenderer's column (just like it works when I don't
specify a custom ItemRenderer).  Any idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Implement IDropInLIstItemRenderer.
>
> The labelData will have a columnIndex where you can get the
dataTipFunction and run it (see DataGridItemRenderer.as).  Once you
have the text, you can display it somehow, maybe by setting a tooltip
somewhere

On Behalf Of mmatczynski
> Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:53 AM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com