From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
malik_robinson
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:46 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] **View States Problem**

Hi,

I am using Flex 3

I am trying to use "view states" in my Flex application. My code seems
to work fine when I just have two "view states", but when I have 3
states (including the base state), the screen never displays all 3 at
the same time. I am displaying these states based on the result of a
remote call, that part works fine so the remoting part of it is not
the problem.

In Flexbuilder 3 if I go into design view, I can traverse through the
states (base, state2, state3), and the visual displays look correct.

Anyone have any idea or thoughts?

Here is my code below:

<mx:states>

<mx:State name="state2">

<mx:AddChild relativeTo="{frm}" position="lastChild" >

<mx:FormItem label="Select Sub Area:">
<mx:ComboBox
id="cb2"
dataProvider="{subAreaAC}"
labelField="state2"
width="216" left="10" top="40" minWidth="150" />
</mx:FormItem>

</mx:AddChild>

</mx:State>

<mx:State name="state3" basedOn="state2">

<mx:AddChild relativeTo="{frm}" position="lastChild" >
<mx:FormItem label="Select Sub-Sub Area:">
<mx:ComboBox
id="cb3"
dataProvider="{subSubAreaAC}"
labelField="state3"
minWidth="150" />
</mx:FormItem>
</mx:AddChild>

</mx:State>

</mx:states>

<!-- this is basically my base state, this gets showed by default -->
<mx:Form id="frm" x="10" y="10">
<mx:FormItem label="Select a Parent Category:">
<mx:ComboBox id="cb1"
labelField="ParentCategory"
width="150" left="10" top="40"
dataProvider="{catAC}"