From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ilya_persky
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:37 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Identifying AIR application instance

Hi!

If anybody knows how to handle such kind of issue?..

I'm developing an AIR application, which will be installed from
website. By some buisness reasons (related to licensing model), the
customer wants to keep track on all copies of app installed. That is
every time after launch the app should connect to my server and tell
it which particular copy of app is being launched on this particular
machine. The question is: is there a way to get some unique
information from within AIR application that can tell the machine it
is running on? There is no access to registry, but may be there is
some kind of installation ID provided by AIR runtime itself?.. The bad
thing, that I can't use any additional native code, only .air package,
since, as I've already written, the application will be installed from
site (without third-party installer)

Thank you, Ilya